George represents individuals and business owners in a wide range of disputes, including corporate, partnership, intellectual property (trade secrets and copyright), employment (including ERISA), insolvency and creditors’ rights, and real estate.
George has tried, arbitrated and resolved disputes with results of up to $47 million in California, Washington, D.C., Massachusetts, New York and other states, as well as Mexico. He serves as a mediator for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and as a judge pro tem and neutral for San Francisco and San Mateo County Superior Courts. George was a faculty member and co-chair of the Hastings College of Advocacy, Business Litigation Institute, where top attorneys from across the country came to hone their trial and courtroom skills.
Representative results include:
- Successfully tried a trade secrets claim against a former president and his new employer. At the end of the first week of trial defendants settled for virtually all of the damages sought
- Successfully tried to verdict a fraud and contract claim on behalf of purchaser of commercial building, resulting in a $3.5 million jury verdict including $1 million in punitive damages.
- Successfully defeated a $1 million mechanics lien for homeowners and obtained a settlement under which the contractor reimbursed some of the construction funds. The dispute included several lawsuits by subcontractors and a separate interpleader of funds by a municipality. The clients benefitted by being freed of the claims and lien against their residence, as well as obtaining compensation from the contractor. The contractor subsequently pled guilty to three felonies which arose out of his conduct in the lawsuit.
- Successfully tried a fraudulent conveyance claim against an associate of a Ponzi scheme operator, resulting in a $1.7 million judgment.
- Successfully resolved a dispute against a major New York publisher over a buy-out contract with a result in excess of $47 million without filing a lawsuit.